Welcome to Shelby County Kentucky!
People living here get the best of both worlds. Situated between Louisville and Lexington, it is a perfect place to settle. Not only do you get the downhome feel of a small town, but you are close enough to the more metropolitan cities to enjoy all aspects of life without the big city feel. Stroll the quaint streets of downtown Shelbyville, with its antique shops, coffee house and boutiques. Just a few miles down the road you'll find The Outlet Shoppes of the Bluegrass in beautiful Simpsonville.
Shelby County is known as the Saddlebred Capital of the World. Take a drive in any direction and marvel at the beautiful horse farms with horses grazing lazily in the fields.
Plan a visit to wonderful Shelby County!
- COVID-19 HOTLINE: The North Central District Health Department has opened a hotline to field all corona virus/COVID-19-related questions and concerns. Beginning April 1, 2020, call (502) 390-2600 within the operating hours of Monday through Friday from 8am-4:30pm with any questions regarding symptoms, reporting of executive order violations, etc.
- Effective Monday, April 6, 2020 and until further notice, recycling at the Shelby County Center and at community drop-off points is no longer available. Please see the Solid Waste Department page for more information.
- Please see Governor Andy Beshear's Executive Order regarding business closures during the Coronavirus pandemic: Governor's Executive Order - Business Closures.pdf
- Please see the following letter regarding Shelby County funeral home services during the Coronavirus pandemic: SC Funeral Homes - Corona Virus.pdf
- Effective Wednesday, March 18, 2020, Shelby County will be enforcing a juvenile curfew.
Curfew Exec. Order.pdf
- As a precautionary measure against the Coronavirus (COVID-19), the Stratton Center is closed to all groups effective Monday, March 16, 2020, and until further notice.
- The Shelby County Public Library will be closed beginning Monday, March 16, 2020, and until further notice.