SHELBY COUNTY LOVES RECYCLING VIDEO!
THE SHELBY COUNTY 109 TAXING DISTRICT IS SOLICITING
FOR: Complete Glass Pulverizing System
LOCATION: Shelby County Recycling Facility
170 Windhurst Way, Shelbyville, KY 40065
PLEASE SEE ATTACHMENTS BELOW FOR FURTHER INFORMATION
Shelby County Solid Waste and Recycling Department provides reliable recycling and solid waste services to county residents, educational institutions, businesses and other organizations.
The Shelby County Recycling Facility is located at 170 Windhurst Way and open Tuesday through Saturday from 7:00 am to 3:00 pm to take your household garbage, recyclables, yard waste and more.
There is a solid waste disposal fee of $0.035 per pound for household garbage and bulk trash. Never a fee for recyclables! Click here for more information including a map of the facility.
Recycling Satellite Locations
For your convenience, recyclable items can also be dropped off Tuesday through Saturday from 7:00 am to 3:00 pm. at the following locations:
- 86 North 7th Street, Shelbyville KY 40065
- 5913 Elmburg Road, Bagdad, KY 40003
Conserves Natural Resources
Raw materials are used to make nearly every consumer product we buy. Iron, tin and aluminum are mined to make metal cans. Trees are cut to make paper and cardboard. Petroleum is used to make most plastic products. If these products are recycled, fewer natural resources are needed (most important for those resources that are non-renewable).
Recycling is energy efficient. For example, it takes 95% less energy to melt and reform aluminum cans than to make cans from raw ore.
Reduces Waste, Saves Landfill Space
More than half of Kentucky’s landfills will close due to new regulations and lack of space.
Material Accepted Free of Charge
- All metals: White goods (appliances), steel cans, aluminum cans
- Paper products: Cardboard (we ask for it to be flattened), newspaper, junk mail
- Plastics: All 1-7 household plastic containers are accepted such as soft drink bottles, water bottles, detergent bottles, shampoo bottles, milk bottles, and margarine tubs. Please rinse and discard tops. No black plastic or plastic grocery bags.
- Glass: Food and beverage glass only, we accept clear, brown, green glass but no broken glass.
- Automotive: Motor oil in two gallon containers or smaller, auto batteries and antifreeze
- Yard waste: Free untreated compost and mulch is available while supplies last.
Computer Components: Laptops, Computer Towers, cell phones, and flat screen TV’s.
June 19, 2018 Special Shelby County 109 Minutes .pdf
Jun 8, 2018 Shelby County 109 Minutes.pdf