Job Opportunities- The Shelby County Detention
Center is currently accepting applications for the following
Male or Female candidates must be at least 21 years of age, a U.S. Citizen and
never convicted or under indictment for any crime classified as a felony.
Applicants will be subject to background check and drug screening.
Abuse Program Counselor
Male or Female candidates must hold a Bachelor's level degree in Social
Work or related field, be at least 21 years of age, a U.S. Citizen and
never convicted or under indictment for any crime classified as a
felony. Applicants will be subject to background check and drug
Shelby County Employment
Completed applications may be returned to:
Bobby Waits, Shelby County Jailer
1000 Detention Road
Shelbyville, Kentucky 40065
Email Applications to:firstname.lastname@example.org
Please call (502) 633-2343 to schedule a visitation. All visitations are behind glass visits - no exceptions.
Available Visitation Times
||6:00 pm for females
||6:30, 7:00, 7:30 and 8:00 pm for males
||6:00 and 6:30 pm for females
||7:00, 7:30 and 8:00 pm for males
||6:30, 7:00, and 8:00 pm for males
Restrictive Custody Unit
||12:00, 1:00 and 2:00 pm for females
||3:00 and 4:00 pm for males
- Please call ahead and schedule a visitation appointment. Visits must be scheduled on Monday - Friday, between 7:30 am - 2:30 pm. Appointments for weekdays must be scheduled on the same day of the appointment. To scheduled a visitation appointment that will meet on the weekend, please call the Friday before. Calls will not accepted before 7:30 am. (502) 633-2343
- Inmates are allowed one visit per week.
- Visitors must have a Photo I.D. unless under the age of 18.
- Each inmate is allowed 2 adult visitors and up to 3 children (under 18 we consider a child)
- We require a call back phone number.
- Visit caller will be given a code number to use to change or cancel a visit.
- Please be sure to be on time for your scheduled appointment.
- Lewd behavior or inappropriate dress will not be permitted. You will be asked to leave and you will not be allowed to visit in the future.
- Do not bring in anything. Soft drinks and snacks may be purchased in lobby.
Money For Inmates
We no longer accept Money Orders or Western Union
The Shelby County Detention Center uses these services
provided by TouchPay, with easy deposit options to fund an inmate account for
1. Toll Free Phone: 1-866-232-1899
2. Online: www.TouchPayDirect.com
3. TouchPay Kiosk: Located
in the Detention Center lobby (Accepts Cash, Visa/MasterCard)
4. Pay in Cash Locally (Walk-in Retail): Find locations at www.TouchpayOnline.com/WalkInRetail
Funds are available within 24 hours and money can be deposited 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Register Online: www.TouchPayDirect.com or with Customer Service to create a Payer
The following information is required for online and phone payments:
- Payer User ID#
- Inmate Name
- Inmate ID# (5 digit number the Inmate will
provide to you)
- Facility # ( 240065 for Shelby County Detention
*There is a fee to use these services.
Charges will appear on your credit card/checking statement as INMATE PAYMENT.
Telephone Services for Inmates
The Shelby County Detention Center uses the phone services provided by Combined Public Communications (CPC)
Products Sold Description How to Purchase
Call Time to 1 Phone Number of your choice
Prepaid Calling Card
Call Time to Any Phone Number
- Facility and Staff are NOT responsible for the Kiosk and they DO NOT give out change.
- Collect Calling-To receive collect calls, press 1 to accept the call and charges. If you cannot receive collect calls you must purchase Direct Pay or a Prepaid Calling Card (Cell Phones, Cable TV phone lines or dial-tone resellers will not work).
Questions? Call Combined Public Communications (CPC) at 1-877-998-5678
CPC Customer Service Hours of Operation:
Monday-Friday: 8:00 am-8:00 pm
Saturday: 2:00 pm-6:00 pm